felted soaps

tamtam

You can get the wool roving from any # of companies online. It comes in any color imaginable. I started out making felted christmas ball ornaments to get used to the felting idea. Now it takes me literally 10 minutes to make one soap. Even kids could do it. You can find instructions online too. Just search for felted soaps.

I fess up, I am totally clueless about this. Is the wool like a wrapper that u take off before using? If u leave it on and shower isn't it scratchy? I would not know how to use this soap.:o

OMG thank you ... I have no idea either!! Now I feel better!

Just googled it...and I think you use it with the wool on from what I can see..

I can see it being a great way to use up ugly soap...or the last couple bars of one batch if I'm not doing that fragrance anymore.

I've wanted to try this for some time and forgot about it...THANK YOU for posting the pic. I'm off to find some wool.

Yes these are like a washcloth and soap in one, great for camping, and gardeners love them. they are exfoliating and actually soft, not scratchy. They are sooooooo easy to make once you get the hang of it. The link someone posted is a good place to start. The wool continues to shrink around the soap as it is used up. If you do sell them, make sure to tell customers to squeeze out excess water and keep dry between uses. another tip, if you use rectangular bars, round all the edges before felting. It takes about 1/2 ounce of wool for a 4-5 oz bar, costs about .80-1.00 for the wool.