Wick 1.5oz Jar Question - Fire Hazard?

I am looking at the 1.5oz Jam jars located here http://www.specialtybottle.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=17 - the jar has about a 1" opening and is about 1 1/2 to 2" tall.

I am concerned that this may be a fire hazard because of the small opening and height. Does anyone have suggestions on what type wick to use or if it is not worth even trying?

Maybe I should use 2oz tins? I am looking for tiny container sample candles other than tea lights.

Thanks!

I was thinking about those jars too for little samples. their is a brand called For Everybody candles that uses those jars only with pariffin. If you are using vege wax I would try votive size wickes. They are about the same diameter. I use the 700 series from wick it with that diameter and they seem to work great because they are skinny enough not to overpower the look of the jar. I did burn theirs by the way and it wasn't that hot at all. I thought they were so cute.

These are my best seller!!! Been making them for over a year now. They are pretty easy to wick- I generally use an LX 10 now. I use to use RRD 29's. I do use an LX 12 on the darker heavier oils.

I am using either CBA or 464

You can't go wrong w/these little cuties!! Everyone just loves them.

HTH :D

These are my best seller!!! Been making them for over a year now. They are pretty easy to wick- I generally use an LX 10 now. I use to use RRD 29's. I do use an LX 12 on the darker heavier oils.

I am using either CBA or 464

You can't go wrong w/these little cuties!! Everyone just loves them.

HTH :D

Do you mind me asking how much you charge for them? I have roughly calculated my costs at .80 each - and I'm not sure what someone would want to pay for this size?

Do you mind me asking how much you charge for them? I have roughly calculated my costs at .80 each - and I'm not sure what someone would want to pay for this size?
that is why I dont even sell them, they are labor intensive and costly. I did sell them once for a friend that used them as corporate gift to her customers, she ordered 300 so I charged 2 bucks a piece.

I call them my "Sampler Scents". I sell them for $2.25 ea, 4 or more for $2 ea.

I can also hook you up w/my supplier lady friend in Indiana if you'd like.

To me, they are very cheap to make, and I make the most $$ selling these.

I also let my customers know that they are perfect for a guest bathroom, stocking stuffers, and party favors.