Private labeling

7Angela7

I dont do this....yet!

But if it were me... I would make them pay an intial setup fee if you have to design it. Also add your own info on it somewhere.

As far as cost...It would depend on how much ink is used to make the label.

Like I said I dont do them yet so I dont have a "cost" amount to give ya.

Ash

• 8 months later...

I would check some of the other label websites. They charge certain fees for setup and depending on how many colors. You could get an idea from what they are charging. Then you can sit down and figure out exactly how much it is going to cost you to produce the private labeling. Your materials, your time, etc.

Heather

I have two accounts that request private labels.

I charge $10.00 setup fee..if they use the same label as we do.

No other charge if all is same. If not we quote after setup fee as per label/sheet. I look at it as label for label or extra charge for different size, color etc.

One account does not want any reference to my name. Other one approved of caution label with name.

Maybe you can offer them the option of putting their own labels on.

That way they can design it, and get it done the way they want. Then you don't have the label hassle.

Just stipulate up front that it must say somewhere on the label manufactured by: (your Company)..

Or you can get your warnings labels made up with manufactured by: (Your Company) put on them.

It might save you some time.????

Just a thought...

Maybe you can offer them the option of putting their own labels on.

That way they can design it, and get it done the way they want. Then you don't have the label hassle.

Just stipulate up front that it must say somewhere on the label manufactured by: (your Company)..

Or you can get your warnings labels made up with manufactured by: (Your Company) put on them.

It might save you some time.????

Just a thought...

I think this may be a good idea in theory, but not in practicality. The problem I see happening is that is could be possible for this other company to come up with a really crappy design that makes the whole candle look amaturish. Her name will still be listed on the candle as the manufacturer and people would assume she did the crappy artwork as well.

Are you planning on printing the labels yourself, or were you going to use a professional printer? One thing to keep in mind if you are comparing pricing for professionally printed labels, but you're printing them yourself, you better be able to produce a professional looking quality label.

I think this may be a good idea in theory, but not in practicality. The problem I see happening is that is could be possible for this other company to come up with a really crappy design that makes the whole candle look amaturish. Her name will still be listed on the candle as the manufacturer and people would assume she did the crappy artwork as well.

Thanks the waking me up sockmonkey!!!:rockon:

Ya know.... Your right... I did not even think of that...

Must be the fumes again. :eek:

I am working with a woman now and this is what I am doing with her...

I did not want the hassle of making the labels.

I am having a hard enough time making her signature scent that she she likes.

I will just let her know that since she chose to label it herself and is representing my company, that I would like to approve the label first.

She is very professional so I don't for-see a problem...