ISO I have no idea...LOL

Sweet68cam

Okay here is the story first..my husband works at a carbon black plant and they get covered out there with carbon black.....it is hard to get off of skin...the only thing that he has found that will easily take it off is Liquid Tide laundry soap...I was wondering if anyone has any ideas about a soap that may take it off?? It is kinda like oil, when you get oil on your skin and you add water it just bubbles up...same with the carbon black..you have to add lots of soap first then get under the water. I am thinking that anything that will help with getting off oil would probably help get carbon black off also...anyone have an idea?? Any soap recipes out there that can clean off oil...maybe a mechanics soap?? Not sure...TIA for any advice or help. :)

Hey hun... my brother works on jeeps all the time as a hobbie and there is a mechanics soap that is citrus scented comes out a cream color normally in an orange bottle if this rings a bell for anyone shout it out lol... he's at work right now but I'll ask him when he gets off... it works on getting EVERYTHING off the skin... well ok not everything but so far I haven't found anything it won't take off hows that. If no one names it before 6 my time i'll come back and post the name when i find out. HUGS

Yes I mean a homemade recipe sorry I did not clarify...I think that orange soap is also called Lava soap or something like thatand it is to rough on their skin out there where he works cause they have to use this as an all body soap not just hands..but ya needing a recipe. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Yah, I was gonna say, ouch, that stuff is quite abrasive! :eek: I know I wouldn't want to use that all over my body!

Hmmm trying to think what you could use that would break down the oil, without using abrasive additives. :confused:

Try This One:

Ingredients:

Castor Oil (5%)

Coconut Oil (15%)

Palm Kernel (25%)

Rice Bran (35%)

Palm Oil (20%)

Sugar 1 TBLS

Salt 1/2 TBLS

Coffee Grounds 1-2 TBLS

Dissolve the sugar and salt in the lye water.

You can sub cold coffee for the water with the lye it you choose. It will make the soap very dark. either way, add the grounds (used) at trace. The coconut and PKO are high for extra cleansing. Made this many times and it's great!

As stated above, does not impart a coffee smell. Sometimes I add poppy seeds too!

HTH,

e

Found this recipe for Mechanics Soap. I've never used it but thought that you might want to try it. Here is a link to TDF with all of the instructions. http://www.todieforsoap.com/soap.htm#Mechanics

HTH-Mashala

Castor Oil 3.5 oz (5.47%)

Coconut Oil 76 16 oz (25%)

Palm Oil 16 oz (25%)

Tallow 16 oz (25%)

Corn Oil 12 oz (18.75%)

Beeswax .5 oz (.78%)

Total Oils 64 oz or 4 lbs.

Lye = 9.25 oz (4% supperfat)

Distilled Water 20 oz

Sugar 1 TBLS

Salt 1/2 TBLS