FO supplier question (newbie here)

Hi! I am a newbie candle maker (not for selling, but for home use) and I've been looking around on this site for a while now for good fragrance companies to order Soy Candle FO's from. I'm really into woodsy/earthy scents, like Cedar/Sandalwood/Amber. I ordered from Wellington (before I read the bad reviews on here!:undecided )...haven't received the order yet, but in the meantime, I'd appreciate some advice on excellent quality fragrance oils for candles...I looked at Peak and a few others but can't find any with a good amount of unisex scents except Wellington. Suggestions are appreciated.

Rather than rely on information from somebody you don't know or who hasn't poured yet, go here and click on the list of suppliers. You can search by scent or supplier.

http://www.geocities.com/lwoollen_25/FragranceFinder/index.html

Don't fall into the trap of thinking quality is the same thing as low price or large selection. Some suppliers formulate fo specifically for soy. Even that doesn't mean it will work well for you.

Here's another site of suppliers: http://www.thescentreview.com/Fragrance%20Oil%20Suppliers.htm

Like Sliver said you'll need to test your own FO's in your wax. Buying samples to test is the best way to go to see what works for you. Do a search of the supplier you are interested in also will give you ideas of what has worked for others. Sniffing an FO from the bottle will tell you NOTHING about how it will do once it's in wax. It could smell great and be really strong, but once in wax you may have no scent throw at all........you just have to test, test and test some more!! :cool2: