Bug Bit Me

wildscreek

Well after going to the TX Candlemakers Conference..I finally decided to bite the bullet and try my hand at CP Soaps!! I am really excited about trying this..hubby ordered me a mold today and being he is my R&D I believe he has been on the internet all day, Of course Diane, JoyD & Rachel helped my cause this weekend b/c I have been trying to convince him that we needed to add this to our line! Thanks to you girls for your help..I probably will be hollering for some help and ask many many questions...Hope I dont blow the house up since I am married to a fireman!! :laugh2:

well believe it or not he is just as involved as I am..maybe even more!! He loves this business...

He ordered a mold from Misty Creek..of course he goes for the gusto and ordered the 32 bar mold...I hope it is a good one, I had noticed someone else had asked a few days ago about this mold and everyone says it is a good one...guess we shall see!! I am quite positively sure I will be bugging everyone on here asking questions...I am a dummy when it comes to this part of it..This is our first B&B product!!

hee hee - that was ME!!!

But now I put my soaps in my cooler to gel and I can't fit that one (even the 16 which I was looking at) in there so I'm holding off (even though it is just KILLING me).

Oh darn, maybe I'll just haul off and buy the darned thing!

I did it behind my back when I wasn't looking.

Wonder how long I will have to wait for it to arrive!

Let's see - got almost every oil known to man, CP-safe FOs coming, new colors from Tradewinds just arrived.

Just gotta get me that turkey baster!

You should enjoy working with your Misty Creek mold - I have the 32 bar mold. I liked the first one so much I bought another and am thinking about getting a 16 bar mold so I can make a half-batch every now and then. That mold might fit in the fridge if I clear off a shelf. :rolleyes2

(In case you're interested in sizing, my full batches in the 32 bar mold use 126 ounces of oils (plus whatever the volume of lye solution) for a nice tall bar.)

Enjoy what is sure to be another addiction! :cheesy2:

How come no Michele's came over to say hi at the TCC? lol!

Welcome to the beginning stages of the scientist's laboratory lol. Trust me there hasn't been any reports of mushroom clouds in the midwest (which oughta make headlines) then I think you aren't gonna blow anything up. Get that first batch under your belt (not literally lol), but work your way into it. I'm still waiting to be bit by the soaping bug ... I must want to get bit bad enough, I keep making bars.

Hey Scented...I guess I will have to look you up next year!!! I love meeting everyone and keeping in touch on here..

Well we did it, made our first batch and it actually looks pretty good...today I made a second batch and used Lemon Danish and made it yellow...well right now the color looks really nasty...hopefully it will change as it cures. It was so pretty mixing it up, I can see where this could be addicting. But I have to say it is disappointing when the color looks like baby crap!

well believe it or not he is just as involved as I am..maybe even more!! He loves this business...

He ordered a mold from Misty Creek..of course he goes for the gusto and ordered the 32 bar mold...I hope it is a good one, I had noticed someone else had asked a few days ago about this mold and everyone says it is a good one...guess we shall see!! I am quite positively sure I will be bugging everyone on here asking questions...I am a dummy when it comes to this part of it..This is our first B&B product!!

Can you give me the site where you purchased the Misty Creek mold? I have searched like crazy and can not find it. I would like to look at some soap molds.

Can you give me the site where you purchased the Misty Creek mold? I have searched like crazy and can not find it. I would like to look at some soap molds.

Sure the website it....emistycreek.com, yes we did order ours off of ebay, but I believe you can order from their website also. Ours was suppose to be delivered today, but has a rescheduled delivery of 7/18 by UPS...I hate it when they reschedule a delivery. Hope you find what you are looking for.

• 2 years later...

wildscreek,

You will have a blast making soap for sure and will soon be dreaming about it. That is handy being married to a fireman in case of any hazards.

CareBear,

I have a custom mold from soaphutch that is too big for my freezer and I just put all my soaps in the fridge for about 16-24 hours and then take it out and let it sit for a day or two (who am I kidding I can never wait that long but it's something I'm working on) and then unmold them. I've had no problems with the fridge method. It's my favourite way to make soap unless I'm in a rush then I do the oven method or M&P.