WSP's M&P soap base.......prices going up

Jeanie

I got this in my e-mail this morning and wanted to give you ladies the heads up:

Unfortunately, due to current raw material cost increases (materials that depend on oil prices), we have found it necessary to increase the price of melt and pour soap base. Effective 7/12/2006 at 8 am (Eastern Time) the price of all soap base will increase .03/lb. Although freight prices have increased significantly, we will continue to have delivered pricing on pallets of soap base.

To help with this increase, we will be open this Friday from 9am-5pm (eastern) to accommodate telephone orders. Current soap base prices will be in effect only while supplies last so please order quickly if you are interested in avoiding the increase. Our online store is open and ready to take your order!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call or email us.

The WSP Customer Service Team

www.WholesaleSuppliesPlus.com

1-800-359-0944

Interesting ... I buy from them all the time and get newsletters about things I DON'T use, but didn't get an email about this. They were "out" one other time I ordered, so I suppose it'll happen now too! I have to leave today and planned on ordering on Monday when I have more time, darn it!

In the big picture though, they're still probably quite a bit cheaper than many suppliers out there, even if they do have a small increase. I save hundreds buying through them compared to the first supplier I used when I started 5 years ago LOL

when I first read the email from them I though it was going to be a huge increase and well it is only $.03/lb..that is only $.72 for a 24# block..so I realxed a bit..that is pretty normal..prices go up it is a part of life..and biz..I have a good cushion on my soap so I am not going to worry about it..YET! If it keeps going up frequently then I will be worried.