Wicking Parasoy Blend>> Help!

I have been testing for almost a year. I have searched and read and then read some more.. I am hoping that someone can help me with my problem.. I currently use both 26 and 16 ounce Apothecary jars with a 75/25 parasoy blend. I add 4 grams of Polyboost 130 per pound for improving hardness ( it is really hot in so cal) and scent throw. I use the 26 and 16 ounce apothecary jars. I have been wicking with (2) 44-32-18 zincs. My candles all seem to struggle after the first 3 or 4 burns. The initial burns are perfect. Is this an oxygen issue with the height of the jars? They all seem to improve as the candle burns down a ways, but I think that the scent throw is lacking when the flames are a bit diminished around the middle of the jar. I don't want to wick up because the candle seems to burn great again towards the bottom of the jar.. so using a larger wick makes those babies kind of torch.. This is driving me crazy. Any suggestions? Should I be using a different type of wick with this mix? I know a lot of people are using this blend.. I would appreciate any feedback. By the way... I have tested the Filtech's zinc, HTP's and Filtech Ultra Cores.. none burned as good as the zincs have.. Thanks!

Teri

I use a 50-50 parsoy blend, and have never used a wick that small in a 16oz (16 oz is the biggest I make right now). I would recommend going up to something around a 52 or a 60 for the 16oz-er...but try just one wick at first to keep it from torching....I have also heard that cotton wicks get hotter than the zinc, so maybe the extra heat from a cotton would help get a more consistent burn.