Help please!!!!

Can anyone tell me what might have gone wrong. I used ecosoya pure , 8% FO, 2% frostop, and pryme dye. Never had this happen before. The extra wax I had left over in a pitcher was at @ 80deg and still liquid. All of these are from the same batch, poured at the same time.

This is about 6 hours after pouring. TIA for help

candleproblem005.jpg

I actually had done 1 test candle before these. These had a little more FO and the tester I didn't use the frostop. Could it be a bad reaction with the frostop? I just started using this, but I have done several other batches with it and never had anything like this happen. I can tell you though, the frostop doesn't work!

So the two differences between this batch and your first tester is the extra FO and the addition of Frostop (assuming your other variables were the same). From the look of the candles and your description of the remainder in the pour pot, I don't think the extra FO was enough to cause that much separation. It could be the Frostop.

I would suggest making another tester, with all variables the same, using the 8% FO load but no Frostop. If it turns out looking OK then the Frostop was the culprit.

This is going to hurt me more than it hurts you, but...

Fifty lashes with a wet noodle :whip: for pouring a batch after changing a variable without testing it first! ;)

geek

The only additional thought I would add is that Pryme dye takes up part of your fragrance holding capacity. With 8% FO plus dye you may be playing out somewhere near the limit, so you might want to be using the Pryme Plus colors to minimize the amount you have to put in.