any good links for mixing beeswax...

I live in Taiwan and a friend helped me find beeswax locally. Well, you get what you asked for:D I came home from class (I teach ESL) last night and my boys were so excited about the honey combs sitting in our fridge. They really gave us beeswax, though all the honey is gone (our friends got it from bee keepers). I HAD tried to explain about it coming in hunks, not honey combs.

So, now I guess we need to prepare it ourselves. DH is thinking that there HAS to be something else added in, won't ants attack it? I have been reading some on the internet, but I am such a visual learner!!!

I was hoping to use it for candles and for some soap.

So, my question is, anyone KNOW how to prepare FRESH beeswax or know of a good visual site that shows how to do it?

Thanks from the newbie in Taiwan

Deana

www.homeschoolblogger.com/Panshrmu/

the wax will have to be filtered before you can use it. There is ''dropping'' from the bees that must be filtered out. Heat it and pour thru several layers of cheese cloth - do this several times.

Cheese cloth, steel mesh and small amounts can be filtered using used pantyhose.

As Pam said, heat it then pour it through your filter material a few times. Its gonna be messy and take a bit of time and materials (buckets) but its worth it.

HTH