to those with shows this holiday weekend!UPDATE!

I have a 5 day show coming up this holiday weekend! This should be very interesting since I also now have a dog who must stay at home inside while I'm at the shows:undecided I'll manage somehow. I hope this show goes better than last year. I made about good money but not great money.

Do others have shows this weekend? Are you expecting to do well? I hope we ALL sell out!

Fire:cool2:

Well it was a VERY long weekend but well worth it. Sales were excellent and all of the money I made is being plowed into restocking my supplies!

I love this show, even though I have some hired help so that I can go to the bathroom and eat! We had a lot of fun with some glow in the dark glasses and balloon hats! I just decided not to worry about sales and have a great time with the customers. They thought it was fun! I came close to selling out! I only took home four cases of candles and sold out of a lot of scents.:wave:

I also met Amish Ragdoll at this show! She came by my tables and introduced her beautiful self to me! I was SO happy to finally meet someone from the boards!!:wave: :yes:

I'm in a new market this Saturday!

Last weekend, a little market I've been at called asking if I would fill in (they don't want me full time). I said yes (this would be my 3rd time), but last Fri I canceled because it was going to be 105. Don't like to do that but there's a limit... And, it just doesn't have enough vendors for a good draw.

Anyhoo, so instead of market, DH and I helped the neighbors open the irrigation ditch. Met some new neighbors, who were going up to Grants Pass to check out a new art market. Guess what? They gave me the contact info, I called, and I'm in permanently!

This is great because I've been trying to get into the farmers market there for the last 2 years. This market is right next door to the FM, and is just for artists/high end crafters. So they get tremendous traffic.

Woohoo! I'm hoping to do well, and will continue to do it every week as long as I can stand it. Then maybe back off to every other.

A 5 day show? I'm tired just thinking about it!

Good luck everyone!

We are doing a Farmer's Market on Sunday....just selling votives, tarts (whoops, meant melts...LOL), wickless candles (yup, I feel like I am the only one in the world without a perfected jar candle :laugh2:), air fresheners, etc. Hoping to make a little money to reinvest....

Good Luck All!!

My question is how do your candles hold up with temperatures being SO HOT? I could have done our Farmer's Market but here in Louisiana it's just TOO hot and humid, my candles would melt and my bath bombs would swell out of there packaging (ask me how I know) :wink2: I do make lotions also, but my biggest income comes from my candles and bath bombs.....

Beverly

We are doing a Farmer's Market on Sunday....just selling votives, tarts (whoops, meant melts...LOL), wickless candles (yup, I feel like I am the only one in the world without a perfected jar candle :laugh2:), air fresheners, etc. Hoping to make a little money to reinvest....

Good Luck All!!

The Yankee police are out to get you now LOL:laugh2:

The Yankee police are out to get you now LOL:laugh2:

Do you think they would be interested in a "Flaming Hot" jar candle? I sure can make'em......:D Since this is my first Farmer's Market, and I take it from the peeps on this board that summer is the hardest time to sell candles, it may be the most action I get all weekend! :laugh2:

• 2 weeks later...

F&I, glad to hear it went so well for you - congrats! Bet that's a relief. Sounds like you had a blast too, which makes it even better.

Mine went well too - for a first time, at the end of the line, I did as well in 4 hours as I would have at a big fair, so I was quite pleased with the results, and can't wait for this Saturday. I have all sorts of plans for specials of the week, special samples, notices of new batches....

Well, our sale STUNK! LOL

My neighbor had booked us for the second day by mistake- which is mostly garage sale items - so everyone was looking for something for a quarter.

We did sell some air fresheners. They looked at the wickless candles and warmers - but no sales on those. A few votives, holders and lighters...that was it. We probably cleared $26...pretty darn sad. :o

My neighbor, who was selling jewelry, did quite well, tho...