Refilling pillars

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on getting my pillars "perfect", and I was always under the impression that refilling pillar candles after they've cooled will cause cracks. Then I saw the pillar instructions on this site, and they say to always refill after the candle has cooled. Now I'm confused! (:

Anyone have any more insight about this process?

Thanks!!

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on getting my pillars "perfect", and I was always under the impression that refilling pillar candles after they've cooled will cause cracks. Then I saw the pillar instructions on this site, and they say to always refill after the candle has cooled. Now I'm confused! (:

Anyone have any more insight about this process?

Thanks!!

It's fine, they won't crack. Some people do prefer to repour them while still warm and you can do that too. I repour when cool to avoid having the 2nd pour shrink into the candle along with the rest of the cooling wax. Good luck in your pursuit of perfection. :)

I thought it was the cold...I do live in Wisconsin and work out of my unheated basement. Can't really get much colder than that. (:

I'm in Wisconsin also and do not heat the basement...

When i'm really worried about the cracking I wrap the molds with a towel and put a styrofoam cooler over them while cooling..

That seems to help with the cracking during the winter...