Mixing Soy with Cottonseed & 464

I am trying to use up some soy with cottonseed that I have by mixing it with 464 & USA. I mixed them 50/50 and added 2% USA, poured at 130*-135*. They came out just a bit rough on top with a very tiny hole beside the wick. They didn't have a sink hole, but I really would like a better top.

Well, after babbling on for so long, my question is, has anyone poured this combo before, and if yes what temp did you pour?

I have several cases of this wax that needs some help, and any suggestions would be appreciated. I have used the same wax for many, many years, but have not been getting the results I want lately, so I'm playing with the 464 to see if I can make candles that are more presentable.

The combo I tried has a very good throw, so I can't complain there.

I mixed 464 with KY125, which I believe has cottonseed oil in it. It turned out really nice. I didn't add anything (usa) to it. If my memory is correct, (my notes are out in the garage) I think I poured cooler, around 105-110. I'll try to double check in the morning. :D

Thank you so much for answering me Marilyn. I'll try your pour temp and see what happens. I did figure it would need to be poured lower to make the top smooth, but just started out at the higher temp because of the USA.

After talking to Jason at GB, I was advised to try to add 2% USA, because when I did the mix 50/50 I was in essence making the ratio of USA so small that it wasn't doing any good. Adjusting the pour temp has helped a lot, and I have pretty tops and good throw.