pigments

Rob

Was wondering how folks get their pigments to disolve evenly in their cp soap. I have some yellow, which I got from BB, and having a hell of a time getting it to disolve. Any suggestions? :D

TIA

Rob

I usually dissolve mine in about an ounce of my oils before I mix them with the lye water. I use a glass jelly jar with a lid and shake like crazy!!!! Most of the time it does the trick, but sometimes I have to help it along with the whisk. HTH.

The problem I had was that I had taken a cup full of soap out of the bowl and wanted to tint it so I could swirl it... :( but it didn't disolve as it should have. I have a sickening feeling that it's gonna leave yellow traces on the skin when used. While not a bad thing lol, it's hardly appealing. :laugh2: I'm gonna give it another whirl then if still doesn't work, I'm gonna go back to my liquid colors.

I've done it a few ways and they've all worked for me. First, I started mixing my pigment with some Vit E Oil, then I tried glycerin and now I just take out some of my mixed oils, maybe a tablespoon, and put it in a 16 oz. cup measuring cup, I add my pigment to it and whisk it till there are no more lumps. After my oils and lye are at a slight trace I pour some of my mixture into the measuring cup with my color and whisk again till completely combined. Then I use that to swirl with. I have some of my soaps posted in the B&B Gallery if you'd like to look. Keep trying and you'll find what works best for you. Hope that made sense and helps you.

I've done it a few ways and they've all worked for me. First, I started mixing my pigment with some Vit E Oil, then I tried glycerin and now I just take out some of my mixed oils, maybe a tablespoon, and put it in a 16 oz. cup measuring cup, I add my pigment to it and whisk it till there are no more lumps. After my oils and lye are at a slight trace I pour some of my mixture into the measuring cup with my color and whisk again till completely combined. Then I use that to swirl with. I have some of my soaps posted in the B&B Gallery if you'd like to look. Keep trying and you'll find what works best for you. Hope that made sense and helps you.

Exact same way I do mine.

not much at all really...which is why I dont get why this happend. :( And of course the soap itself is to die for...

It's usually the "to die for" soaps that I find a way to muck up somehow. :embarasse

Hopefully it will not be staining when you actually use the soap with water.