Plastic dixie cups

I bought wax coated dixie cups last year and I still have 3/4 of the package left! When I am done with them, will buy a shotglass or metal cup to replace them. I also use wax paper to cover my scale while measuring FO and across my workarea!! FO does not eat thru this and it's easy clean up, throw it away to clean up....

When I first started getting in sample FO's I would put them on my dining room table and do the old cold sniff test. Talk about being an idiot...

I have little circles all over my table now from the small amount of FO that dripped down the side of the bottle. I needed my stupid sign, and would of displayed it happily.

Now I use the plastic medicine cups you can get at any pharmacy. They are perfect for accurate measurements. I wash them out after using. Eventually they get tossed. I would never store any FO in them for more than a minute or so. I measure then pour immediately.

Although now you have me thinking the shot glasses would be alot less expensive. :confused:

Now I use the plastic medicine cups you can get at any pharmacy. They are perfect for accurate measurements. I wash them out after using. Eventually they get tossed. I would never store any FO in them for more than a minute or so. I measure then pour immediately.

That and the wax coated dixie cups are a good idea unless you are doing something like soap, where you measure the FO quite a bit ahead of time and it has to sit in the cup for a few minutes before using. A few weeks ago I had some clementine lavender in a plastic cup, I had poured it for soap. I left the room for 5 minutes and when I came back I had FO all over my counter and my recipe, where the FO ate through the cup. What a mess. Now I only use the metal cups I got from a restaurant supply to measure FO in, for my soap and candles.