salt scrub with powdered milk

I wanted to make a facial salt scrub with oil and powdered milk, is this possible and would it need perservative? I have just a basic recipe with oil and salt but wanted to play with it, and if you use herbs in the scrubs do they also need preservative? Thanks all

I wanted to make a facial salt scrub with oil and powdered milk, is this possible and would it need perservative? I have just a basic recipe with oil and salt but wanted to play with it, and if you use herbs in the scrubs do they also need preservative? Thanks all

Yes I would preserve it because of the probability of wet fingers in there. I'm not sure about salt for the face. I think you'd want a more gentle exfoliator like cornmeal.

LOL, I was looking at a facial recipe, but meant to say it was a body scrub, LOL, my brain is still sleeping today

:laugh2: :laugh2: Got ya. But you'd still need a preservative. And why, may I ask, would you want powdered milk in a scrub? I've never heard of that