Got a new order from peaks today

Candlewitch

These are premium grade oils. :wink2:

Comparable to Sweetcakes and The Scent Works. My theory on oils is you get what you pay for. I do carry some scents that cost 12.95 per lb and throw like crazy. All depends on logistics and your customer base.

You could use 1 oz per lb, but 1.4 would be better suited for soy.

Are you using straight 415 or a blend?

Not necessarily. I don't know much about Steve's FO.

Any supplier can choose what grade and price point they want to offer.

The fragrance manufacturers give them many choices.

Some choose to leave it simple~ ie: NG. Others may do it on percentages of what they feel should be their profit margin vs actual cost. It depends on many factors. But honestly, their is no comparison to an oil from Sweetcakes as compared to a company that has set pricing, IMO.

I take it you don't do B&B?

I think to have the oils skin safe would make some scents more expensive, but not always. I have had some scent formulated for me and even when I told them, step it up, change this, change that, add this, make it stronger, My gross cost per LB was still under $10.00 and most started around $6.50. At $6.50 though, you wont get many that would fit into the great category. Typically good though. I am still learning though.