Straight Paraffin

I was wondering.... I have 20 lbs. of 130 mp straight paraffin that I bought from Candles and Supplies when I started out a few months ago and didn't know any better. The product description is as follows:

Containers/Votives/Tarts

"High quality straight paraffin so it is semi-translucent and mottles nicely without additives. Holds more fragrance than the 125mp. It blends nicely with most additives so that you can acheive different looks. Releases from containers so it's great for refills. You can also whip it to make a clumpy topping for the homebaked candle look."

I emailed C&S and they said that it would work for jar candles with Vybar 260. I was wondering what you thought. Is the mp to high for jar candles? Would I be wasting my time pouring this wax into jelly jars?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Tammy

The mp isnt too high for container candles but if it says it releases well from the container, I wouldnt use it as it is. Container wax isnt supposed to release from the jar. You can mix it with a container wax or add crisco to the wax to make it adhere to the jar. Thats just MHO.

How much Crisco? I have some IGI 4786. Could I mix it with that? What percentage?

Im sure you can mix it with the 4786. Im not sure how much to use tho..Im guessing it will need to be mostly 4786 to adhere to the jar like its supposed to. My suggestion is start off with 70% 4786 & 30% parrafin and see how that works. Now if your going to add crisco, thats prbably a different ball game and a more experienced person would need to help you on that one :)