What and how many wicks

Hi guys,

I am going to be pouring a candle this weekend and am looking for advice on what wick size and how many to use. I will be using CBA and I have LX and HTP wicks. The container size is 5" tall and 4 3/4" square. It is a really nice container and I am excited to get some wax in it. I have only been doing jj so am a bit puzzled :undecided . Any help would be appreciated.

I have never wicked a square that size before (close to 5"), so this is purely a guess on my part. I would start with (4), count 'em (4), HTP52 or HTP62 wicks, placed evenly around the jar. I don't think that 2 or even 3 wicks of any size are gonna burn that jar properly. Would be curious to see if anyone else has suggestions.

hmmm....wow, I just drew it out on paper, and that's quite a big candle.

I'm thinkin' that perhaps 4 wicks, perhaps LX 14's or 16's :undecided.

I use the CBS myself, and just starting to switch over to the LX wicks. Today I burned an 8oz JJ w/an LX 16 , and Lemongrass FO :shocked2:

No it is not measured diagonally Tangerine. It is measured straight across. Sorry, I should have said so in my first post.

It is going to be a big candle no doubt about it.:D :whoohoo: I can't wait to see it. It will be a cheer up gift for my Aunt (if it turns out).