How To Swirl in MP?

*Sandie*

Im playing with MP soap but want the swirls. How do you do this. I know how to do it with candy and frosting. Those are thin so when its thick I really want to know. A friend is going to help me do the CP soap next. I love these looks but don't want to waste time. LOL I have never been known to be patient.

I have tried to swirl in MP, but it only swirled on top. Some here have had success with it. The only thing I would do different is pour the 2nd color up high so when it hits the 1st color it will go thru the MP, not just the top, then swirl with a toothpick. Thats basically what I do with my CP too.

I basically do the same as Jen described, but I use a butter knife instead of a toothpick.

This thread

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21587&highlight=M%26P+Swirl

shows some of my swirled M&P, and I believe it tells how I did it. It goes all the way through to the bottom as well. :)

HTH a little.

I have tryed to swirl too but seems to be more of a marbling effect then a swirl, I do find that if I make a log mold it is better. When I use individual mols it just does not look right. I do find it easier if the soap in the mold is thinner then the soap I am swirling. Also I have been told that if you swirl with the clear and make the log of the white it is easier but have not tryed that yet, Might have to try that tonight! This one is an attempt probably the best ones so far The first 2 soaps. First one is Blackberry vanilla gaots milk and the second is Anise. Sorry it is so large I do not know how to resize. Sue

post-3162-139458402943_thumb.jpg