Bears

I am curious to know what scents everyone uses to scent their bears? I have a brown colored bear that I am going to use but don't have a clue as to what scent I should use for it. I was thinking cinnamon, but wouldn't that be to ordinary?

Suggest some scents to me to try on the bear. Also, does any one know how to go about injecting the bears with scent? Seems to me like they would leak.

Thanks to anyone who can offer some suggestions. I know there are alot of people out there agains dipping bears but I think it is safer for some people to have a bear as opposed to a candle. Especially at a school or in an apartment building.

TIA

hi there,

i've done some bears, I would use any scents that would tickle my fancy.

i first inject them with syringe in different area...no they won't leak. :)

then i would put them in scented wax with brown dye...just tinted a bit so that they don't look like white dandruff all over the bear..lol

let it satruate for few min. then tong them out and wear a rubber gloves and squeeze it out.....prop them on a rack, and then take a fork, comb, toothpick and fluff out the fur on the bear....also try to smooth out his bottom a bit

cause the wax and bear's butt will have waffle lines from the rack..lol

and let it sit til harden and put a pretty bow on it or what not.

and there you got yourself a very cute highly scented bear.

also...blow dryin it a bit afterward to fix it up better would help to...

like gettin rid of the clumps there might be.

HTH

hugs

Dani

I did some bears last year and you can scent them with anything your little heart desires. As for the darker colored bears, I didn't dye them but after the wax set up, I just blow dried them on low heat to get rid of the clumps and picked them out. My friends and family just loved them!

:yay:

millcreek has instructions & bears on their website- mcsoywax.com

also you don't have to get your wax that hot just melted add fo use your gloves and dip the bear or critter in the wax and squeeze it out it says to dip again but i don't and they last months & months, fluffy with a fork i turn my fork over so the bottom side is up it just works better for me. i then place on wax paper on the kitchen counter when it is almost cool, pick it up and if there is excess wax on the bottom use your fork to refluff and get rid of the excess. i use the alumimiun 9x13 cake pans to dip the bears plenty of room just get the bear well saturated, squeeze, fluffy. good luck