Help Wicking 16oz Capri Jar

has anyone had any luck single wicking these jars?? I'm using Astorlite J223 with 1 oz FO pp. I'm using LX wicks. and have tried the 22's on up to 30 and the only one that gives a full mp is the 28, but smokes like crazy (and OMG the 30 was like a smoking torch) I dont want to double wick if at all possible. Does anyone have any suggestions on another wick to try(coreless)?? And has anyone been able to find the capri jar in a 12 or 14 oz. size? Thanks!

The jar is 3 in. top, then 4 in. in the middle. Silly question though......I've never double wicked before, I know about how you space them apart, but has anyone ever tried taking say, two LX 12's, twisting them together, then over dipping them in wax to secure them together? Is this supposed to be done?

Flutterbye, is a capri jar like a bulb jar? I use a 15 oz bulb jar. I think they have a similar shape. I use a j50/soy mix and 1oz.pp of fo. I single wick with 60-44-18z. It doesn't get a full mp for the first few burns but it catches up eventually. I tested HTP, CD, and zinc. Zinc core had the least smoke but the full melt pool was tough with out smoke. I felt like I either had to tolerate the smoking or have a partial melt pool that catches up later. I chose the smaller melt pool. I really wanted to single wick. I haven't tried Lx wicks yet. I really should get a sample pack of those too.

HTH