Black stuff

What is causing black stuff on top of the wax while it is burning,and after the candle is put out and the wax is set up?I use J50,and zinc wicks.16 oz apoth jars.The wicks is not to long,and doesn't have mushrooms on them.I hope you can understand what I am talking about.

Thanks,Anna

Hey, Anna, let me know how that works for ya. I've had nothing but trouble with my 16 oz jars using J223 and 2 51 zincs. They burn fine till about half way down, then turn to crap with all the black stuff. Can't use pastel colors, as they really look bad. Dark colors hide it... I've shelved them for now, as I can't find anything that works, and I sorta gave up!:angry2:

mnjcandles,I have been using these jars for two years,and normally I don't have any trouble with most of my fo's,except for three or four.I use two 51-44 down to 44-24 zinc,it's according to the fo I am using.Peak's Pink Sugar will burn perfect with two 51's with no soot to the bottom.The fo I was asking about is Patchoui Sandlewood with two 51's.I am going to try 44-32's in it.

Anna