Need some wick help

Barncat I widked a container about like the one your are talking about. This might sound crazy but it worked. I dont know what wicks are wax you use so I will just explain it to you with the wicks and wax I use. I use a parrafin 2281 and I have to do a second pour. I use zinc core wicks.

Let me see if I can explain this. I put a 51 in the center on the bottom. I poured the candle about half way up or where I though the 51 would have a good melt pool and I poured the wax to that point. Then I trimmed the wick about 3/4" above the wax line and let the was harden slightly.

Then I placed 3 #44's and made a 3 wick candle out of it from that point on. I made sure the customer knew that when she burned the candle down and the wick appeared in the center of the candle I made sure she watched the 3 wicks and when the wick tabs appeared I had her pull them out and the she had a single wick candle the rest of the way. It worked out great. This was a long time customer and I had trust that she would pull the 3 wicks out when she saw them. I made sure she knew that she did not want to burn the 3 wicks to far so they would not float to the side of the container and burst. It worked out well and she refilled it a few times the same way.

I hope that makes sense and I hope it helps you.

HTH Rob in tx

hmmm..that sounds interesting, but I want to produce these on a mass scale, and not sure this would work. i wonder if I put one big one down the center and 2 small one half way down, I wonder if they would burn away or lay in the melt pool? Or maybe some kind of pan in the middle?