Eco Soya Adv - Slushy Stage

Hi, just want to ask if anyone believes that letting soy wax get to the slushy stage allows it to give off a better hot throw? I've been reading these posts and people swear by it - yet the directions say pour hotter. Pouring hotter lends itself to sink holes and I've poured at 125 and have had to heat my jars. I wonder if I poured at 110 would the scent be even better? Help. Thanks Johann

Hi again Johann,

First, let me ask you where you live. I'm in FLA, and in the winter I have to preheat my jars, but this time of year I do not. I have also "played" w/my pour temps, and in the cooler weather I pour around 115-120. Now I am pouring at 125. I do not pour the Advanced slushy. I have always had a good throw w/good quality FO's. I also cure them for a minimum of 24hrs.

HTH

Hi Sheri, thanks for the reply again. I live in Maryland. Hot and humid here in summer and so cold in winter. It was 75 here today and I make my candles in basement cooler. I think I have better luck with soy pouring at lower temp and heating jars it seems. I'm going to try to pour at a lower temp thank 150 with this and not heat jars. Usually I put them in a shaker box to make a mini hothouse while they setup. I was pouring my Cargill C3 at 125 and they were perfect - now I switched to Eco Soya - I love it - just need to get rid of the sink hole. I've heard that Stearic Acid prevents sinkholes too. We'll see what happens. What wicks do you use? Thks Johann

I cover mine w/a box too, to let them cool slowly.

I'm using mostly RRD wicks 'cause that's what I was introduced to and got down pat...lool...lol. I also use some LX's on my smaller jars. I'd like to totally change to LX's, but don't want to waste all that time and supplies testing:rolleyes2