Avery Limited or Delux ?

I need someone to help me with Avery. Im on there site and there are two types (Avery limited and Avery delux)

Which do you all use? I only see an option to download avery limited, No option to download Avery Delux though??

And i have another question since Im not computer savvy. How do I download it "into" Open Office?, which is the same as Word but free.

is it the same as just downloading everything else onto your computer or what?

I don't know anything about Open Office, so I can't help you there. But I recently downloaded Avery DesignPro Limited Edition, and it's a stand-alone program. You can design your labels and print them out from that program alone--no need to use Word or anything.

It's basically a scaled down graphics program so you have the ability to hand draw designs on your labels and add a variety of text fonts. There's a clip art gallery (not many, though) or you can import pictures from elsewhere to use. What I thought was really cool is it will make bar codes for you. You just type in the numbers and it converts them into bar code!

The program itself is very easy to understand & use. I recommend getting it!

Edited: Okay, I do have a complaint about the program. I just realized you can't save your labels in any other format besides their special one (.zdl) That means unless your other programs can read .zdl format, you can only use your labels with the Avery program. I will have to do some further checking on this. (I was going to post pics here of some labels I made with their program, but I can't. Bah!) :sad2:

i am able to use the spreadsheet to track Fo supplier and inventory etc. and I use it to type up my evaluation sheets because I can drop my logo onto the top for a more professional look. I cannot figure out how to print labels though. When I open design pro i try to insert my logo and it doesnt work. there is nothing there...???

And stupid me I figured out all the size labels that I need and went to labels by the sheet and ordered them, BUT I only ordered one sheet per size!! how stupid of me. I didnt think that Im probably going to go thru about ten sheets or more before I get it right...lol..

Ps I havent receive the sheets yet in the mail but when they do I plan on spending all day wednesday figuring this crap out. I have candles that need labels damnit!

i am able to use the spreadsheet to track Fo supplier and inventory etc. and I use it to type up my evaluation sheets because I can drop my logo onto the top for a more professional look. I cannot figure out how to print labels though. When I open design pro i try to insert my logo and it doesnt work. there is nothing there...???

And stupid me I figured out all the size labels that I need and went to labels by the sheet and ordered them, BUT I only ordered one sheet per size!! how stupid of me. I didnt think that Im probably going to go thru about ten sheets or more before I get it right...lol..

Ps I havent receive the sheets yet in the mail but when they do I plan on spending all day wednesday figuring this crap out. I have candles that need labels damnit!

What format is your logo saved in? Avery won't take some formats, and I wonder if that's what the problem is??

These are the supported formats:

BMP - Windows Bitmap Format

WMF - Windows Metafile Format

TIF - Tagged Image File Format (Only TIF files that do not use LZW-compression can be inserted.)

JPG - JPEG Format

PCX - PCX Format

EPS - Encapsulated Postscript Format

PCD - Kodak Photo CD Format

TGA - Truevision TARGA File Format

WPG - WordPerfect Graphic File Format

IMG - GEM Image File Format

If your logo is in any other format (.gif for instance) Avery won't let you upload it.

HTH

one suggestion.....before you actually print on your label sheet, orint your "finished one" on a plain piece of paper and hold it up in front of the label sheet in good light. Then you can see how everything is going to line up before you print the labels.

I use the Avery limited, and it takes a few tries to figure out. Yes, it is a stand alone- I have it right on my desktop.