Wick Help

I was searchin in my candle supplies and found zinc cored wicks 51-32 and 44-24. I am not sure I could use these with C3 soy. I am using 3 inch diamter jars. Would some one please give me their opinion, help, thoughts before I mess this up. Thanks in advance for your time.

Tamyra

I don't use that kind of wax so I am not sure how zincs will do in it. I tested zincs in my soy and didn't like them. Most will tell you that zincs don't do well in soy. Other folks swear by zincs. It's really a personal preference. You will need to test everything for yourself as everyone's results are always different. Try a sample pack of wicks to help determine which wicks you like best and what you will use. Good luck.

I am testing zincs right now and for single wicking, I would try the 51-32 first. The other ones will probably not be hot enough. I am trying to double wick mine and the 44-24 were a bit too hot for the 3" dia. I am testing. I am pouring 2 testers tonight with double 44-20 and 36's to see.