Some Oil Seperation In ...

my face wash...my dh & i love this face wash but i noticed after 24 hrs a tad of oil seperation not alot but still it was there. how can i prevent this?

no water was near or touched it. :sad2:

ffb

sweet almond oil/olive oil

honey

tea tree oil

brown sugar

( no particular order here)

I'm no expert but maybe the honey and brown sugar separated from the oil?

I've played around with FBB quite a bit making scrubs and my problem was the mixture hardening up too much to easily squeeze out of a malibu or if I added enough oil to keep it from drying my skin then I lost most of the bubbleage ( is that a word?) I usually use a couple of ounces of oil to a lb of fbb and whip like a madman. How much oil did you use ? Something I recently discovered that holds it together and keeps it fluid and allows me to add extra oil is to add some unscented shower gel base ( shampoo base works also ) to the mix. I can't tell you the percentage because I mix it until it feels like the consistency I want. Even though it's for home use only ( I don't sell ) I also add a bit of preservative because I add aloe gel to it also. I use jojoba and ground apricot meal for the scrubbies instead of sugar or salt. I've made a few emulsified sugar scrubs and when it gets warm the oil does have a tendency to separate.

I'm no expert but maybe the honey and brown sugar separated from the oil?

I've played around with FBB quite a bit making scrubs and my problem was the mixture hardening up too much to easily squeeze out of a malibu or if I added enough oil to keep it from drying my skin then I lost most of the bubbleage ( is that a word?) I usually use a couple of ounces of oil to a lb of fbb and whip like a madman. How much oil did you use ? Something I recently discovered that holds it together and keeps it fluid and allows me to add extra oil is to add some unscented shower gel base ( shampoo base works also ) to the mix. I can't tell you the percentage because I mix it until it feels like the consistency I want. Even though it's for home use only ( I don't sell ) I also add a bit of preservative because I add aloe gel to it also. I use jojoba and ground apricot meal for the scrubbies instead of sugar or salt. I've made a few emulsified sugar scrubs and when it gets warm the oil does have a tendency to separate.

well our face wash bath isn't in the least bit hard...its sooooo creamy & fluffy. it feels wonderful even i was surprised after reading others "stories" . I absolutly love this stuff...it even cleared up a son to bepimple before it started:yay:

I just am not sure what caused a little seperation. when i put some in a jar you can see around the sides in the mixture some seperation and then just a few spots on top. SO i dont know how to keep it from not doing that. still works wonderfully to us & we just stir it...but if i were going to give it to someone i would want it to seperate.