Mango body butter

candlebean

I found this recipe for Mango Body Butter and thought some of you might enjoy it. I have everything but the Wheat Germ Oil - does anyone know what is a similar oil to wheat germ?

2 ozs cocoa butter (weighed)

2 ozs natural shea butter

(weighed)

2 ozs mango butter (weighed)

1 teaspoon wheat germ oil

3 teaspoons apricot kernel oil

1 teaspoon beeswax pearls

Mango fragrance oil (or any

fragrance oil)

1/4 teaspoon Vit E. (optional, as

a preservative)

Directions:

In a microwave safe measuring cup, add all the ingredients except the fragrance oil. Melt, in 1 minute intervals in high until all the ingredients have liquefied. Continue to heat on low for another 2-3 minutes (do not boil). The continued heating will help prevent the butters from becoming grainy once solid. Remove from microwave and stir. Let set to cool for a few hours and stir again. Before the mixture sets (overnight), add your fragrance oil and stir, even whip, to incorporate the scent. Spoon into jars or tins and label.

Note: This is a firmer body butter.

If you prefer a softer butter, the

consistency can be adjusted

by decreasing the amount of

beeswax and/or cocoa butter. Or

just adding a drizzle of liquid

glycerin.

Did you get this from PV? If so, good luck with it, it was one of the 1st body butters I made and it was hard as a rock even after readjusting a gazillion times. After I got more seasoned it B&B I went back to attempt again a readjust few ingredients and it never did come out good.

Let me know if you make it your results

Elle