Simple Scrubs

pamperme

#1 Sugar Scrub

3/4 cup white sugar

5 tsp lotion base

2 drops B&B color

30 drops FO of choice

Mix the sugar and lotion together until the consistancy you like. I would start with 4 tsp first and see if it is thick enough. Lotion bases are different and it may be to runny if you add 5 tsp. Then add the FO and dye. Mix well..should be almost a whipped consistacy and stays on skin when testing it.

#2 Foaming Sugar Scub

3/4 cup white sugar

4 tsp shower gel base

2 drops of B&B color

30 drops FO of choice

Mix sugar and shower gel base until you get the consitancy you like. Add one teaspoon at a time until you get a consistancy that is not to thin or it will leave bubbles in the container. Add dye and FO. Mix well. Wet skin to use rub over body. You should have a soaping action with nice lather if mixed to the right consistancy.

I packed mine both in an 8oz Dbl wall jar.

I made these up last night so I could play with my new Pink Sugar Fo..and I liked the fist one better..the second one needs something..maybe and oil or lotion to it..it exfoliates but does not leave anything good behind for moisturizing. The first one does both.

To be honest I was wondering that myself. since a base is used there is a preservative in that but we are adding to it..so I am unsure. I think I have asked that question before and did not get a response..hopefully someone will chime in.

I did something like this when I was first starting out and overall consensus was that it did need additional preservative since you were adding to it but you can check with the company where the bases came from and see what they suggest.

You should add preservative cuz even do you are not adding water when you are "manufacturing" (and probably lotion base and liquid soap DO have water) when you use it you may be adding water during cleaning rutine with your hands. HTH

Wanda

I usually use Phenopid...but Germaben II could be a good sub

Wanda

I don't have my book here but I believe Germall should be used in things like lotion. Liquipar Optima is what I use in scrubs. This is directly from the manufacturer