JS Sample Reviews

jolsen1973

All of my reviews are based on a 1.5 oz pp fo load in KY para-soy tart/votive blend with cure times of around 72 hours. I only do tarts and clamshells, so keep in mind that my reviews are based on wax that has not been wicked!

Yahoo! Berry Lemonade- this is really, really tangy oob and has a very light cold throw, hot throw is unbelievable!, fabulous, sugary berry lemonade scent

Tickle Me Pink- this is beautiful oob and has a lighter cold and hot throw, a very feminine floral/fruity fragrance that reminds me just a little of Peaks' Breakfast at Tiffany's

Captivatingly Currant- yummy, knock-you-down oob, fabulous and strong hot and cold throw, my tarts were a little oily at 1.5oz, so you may want to use just a bit less

Bear Claws- not too fabulous oob and a really light cold throw, but after a little longer cure time (about 5 days), this oil really knocked me out with its' hot throw, yummy, yummy, you could smell the bits of chocolate and pastry, made me so hungry

Buttermint Candy- normally I'm not a big mint fan, so I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this oil, but it really won me over, oob has a sugary, minty fragrance, the longer you let it cure, the more it mellows, after 72 hours the hot throw was very true and so relaxing, after 5 days I was in love with this oil!, made me want to go to a graduation or weddy party just for a mint!

Santirini- this is a very strong oil with a really unique scent oob, it has a strong cold and hot throw, I can't put my finger on it, but something about this oil has me teetering between liking it and not liking it, maybe it will grow on me, or maybe I just need to lighten up the fo load!

Serendipity- fabulous all around, a little berry, a little sugar, a hint of coconut, some vanilla, I loved it, loved it, loved it!

Strawberry Spa- imho this oil is very perfumey oob and that perfumey quality doesn't go away in wax, the cold and hot throw gives you a little more strawberry than perfume, but I just didn't like it

Caramel Cinnamon Latte- oob this nearly made me gag, it is a VERY strong coffee scent with hint of sweat-socks, many people absolutely love this oil, but I'm having a hard time with it, it mellows out a bit imo once it hits the wax and the hot throw is better than the cold throw with a little more caramel and cinnamon coming through, but I'm going to have to see if I can tweak it a bit to mellow it out!

Well, that's it folks! Once again, these are my opinions, not cold, hard facts. Take what you will from my reviews and please don't take ANYTHING personally! Take care all!

Caramel Cinnamon Latte- oob this nearly made me gag, it is a VERY strong coffee scent with hint of sweat-socks, many people absolutely love this oil, but I'm having a hard time with it, it mellows out a bit imo once it hits the wax and the hot throw is better than the cold throw with a little more caramel and cinnamon coming through, but I'm going to have to see if I can tweak it a bit to mellow it out!

ROTFLMAO:yay: I couldn't explain it any better than you, but I really like the hot throw I get off of it. That is a perfect description though...coffee and socks, yuuuummmmmmmmy!:P

And I love the caramel cinn. latte--oob, and burning! We drink espresso every day, and this is a true espresso scent. The truest I have ever encountered. Of course, espresso is much stronger than regular coffee, so I can see how it would singe the nosehairs to someone not familiar with it. It is an 'in your face' scent, for sure.

When we drive up to the espresso stands, my son's friend (parents don't drink coffee, let alone espresso) always comments that the espresso smells like a skunk! LOL

I had the strangest experience w/ this scent (Caramel Cinnamon Latte), when I burned my jar tester, my husband came in and asked me if I had made POPCORN!

Weeeelllll, when I re-lit it, and when I second-burned my tarts-I smelled burnt popcorn TOO!

I know, I TOLD you it was strange!:rolleyes2

Jolsen I agree with you. I made a big tester of this fragrance. My husband is a big big big coffee lover and I adore the smell of all coffees. This one did not throw well for a great coffee experience. I have a bag of the real deal in my cabinet. It doesn't put out enough cinnamon scent. They need to tweak that one a little more.