New with questions

I would like to try my hand at making tealights and votives. I have no idea where to start. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. I do make wax tarts, using 100% soy wax and I throw in a bit of stearic acid to harden them a tiny bit. I am so clueless when it comes to making candles, oh and the wick sizes and types......just confuses the heck out of me.:rolleyes2

Thank!:)

Welcome to the board.

Not too many people make tealights because it's not worth the trouble when you can buy a bagful pretty cheaply. For votives, though, a good place to start would be with this kit from Peak Candle Supplies:

http://www.peakcandle.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PCMS&Category_Code=KIT

And you'll find instructions for making all kind of candles on the home page of this forum: http://www.candletech.com

Well for tealights I use zinc wicks 36 24 24z and just my left over pillar wax. I have used some container blend aswell but I like the pillar wax better.

For votives I would suggest getting a starter kit and playing around with that for a while with different size wicks and Fo's

I second the suggestion to buy a kit. You will get all the things you need to start small, that you may not even know you need. Have fun, don't be afraid to experiment and keep reading. Some things may not make much sense, but soon it will--I promise.

Thanks, that is good to know, since I am very confused. I think I will look into the kit at Peak. As far as reading....I got the instructions down, but I am the type of person who likes to know the "Whys" of things. Sometimes that is a pain...but I like to know all aspects of what I am creating and why it all comes together. KWIM?;)