ICS Juice Bar Scents-Feedback Needed

Tracey

Hi everyone-

Hope you all had a nice long weekend......

I have been testing ICS new juice bar scents. I use KY125 and have been testing at 1.25oz pp. I am finding that most of these are not throwing for me...

Has anyone else tested these in soy or the 125???? Have you had success getting throw? I am wondering if it is me or the fragrance itself. I have such good luck with Kathy's FO's and rarely get one that doesn't throw for me.....I found it odd that there are seemingly so many that aren't-especially the new ones.

I was hoping to get some feedback from others......I am testing a few at 1.5oz pp now and getting some throw-but that was after only a couple days and I am going to have a few friends burn for me to see if it's just my nose..

Thanks

Tracey

I have poured and tested almost all of the 'juice bar' scents - with J223 zince wicks and 1 oz pp, and find they are great! What is up with everyone using so much fo? I keep reading about folks using 1.25 or 1.5 oz pp or even higher.....If I can't get a good throw with 1 oz pp wax, I hardly ever use the fo.....it is just not worth it for me. Maybe it has to do with using soy? Anyhow, some of my favorites are:

Raspberry Rainbow

Passion Berry

Melonade

Be A Peach

Spiced Mulberry

Berry Fullfilling

Winterberry

Debbie

Thanks Debbie-

I think alot of it does have to do with using soy or the soy/cottonseed. I have many fragrances that I can use at 1oz pp. I have been trying to test at that as well-the less is more theory, but sometimes I just have to bump it up.

It just seems that quite a few of the newer fragrances I am testing (not just ICS) aren't throwing well in soy. I am having some friends burn them as well to see if maybe it's just me and the candle nose......

I have a few that will be testing for me tonight--am hoping I will get goos reviews tomorrow when they come in to work.

I have tested the Raspberry Rainbow and Passion Berry at 1.25oz pp and not gotten much throw-I have yet to pour up the Melonade and Be a Peach. I have not has any trouble with the Spiced Mulberry or Winterberry when I tested those

Thanks again

Tracey

Tracey

I am rarely able to get away with 1 oz. per pound either Tracey---I just dont' get as strong of a throw. There are a few that of course can be used at 7-8% , and some I use less, but I find that many just are not quite strong enough.

I too have found most of these juice bar scents to be too light for me---non existant throws at around 1 oz. per pound, and just too light at 9% too. I think also it is a matter of what someone considers to be strong----my customers really like strong candles, and that is what we want to provide.

Thanks CreativeCandles-

Now I don't feel as bad-well, except for not being able to use these scents in candles anyway. I may try some tarts and bubble bath and see how that works to use them up. I have quite a few yet to test -

Berry Sublime, Be a Peach, Melonade, Tropical Pear, and a few others of hers. I have a few from NG too that I can't get to throw. I didn't need all those new ones anyway huh? :sad2:

Thanks again

Tracey

:cheesy2:

Thanks CreativeCandles-

Now I don't feel as bad-well, except for not being able to use these scents in candles anyway. I may try some tarts and bubble bath and see how that works to use them up. I have quite a few yet to test -

Berry Sublime, Be a Peach, Melonade, Tropical Pear, and a few others of hers. I have a few from NG too that I can't get to throw. I didn't need all those new ones anyway huh? :sad2:

Thanks again

Tracey

I know what you mean about testing and not finding the results you were hoping for. I have had a bad run of luck as of late, tons of fruity scents that just are not cutting the mustard! I have not had good luck with many from NG either, while others just rave about them, it just may be my wax, (I also use KY 125 ;)) or it may be me, not sure.

Although, I have found some great fruit scents in the past (and a few newbies) that are very strong from HF, Snowtop, Millcreek, FOH, Daystar, JS, BG, KY, Aroma Heaven.....

I am also mixing a few up to make my own creations, and if you need suggestions, feel free to pm me!

Thanks again-

I was beginning to think either my wax suddenly went weird-although I have poured tons of excellent candles out of this lot number, I thought maybe something bizarre happened.

I am hoping my testers come back with good reports tomorrow.......I have some awesome fragrances from NG, that's why I am bothered by these newer ones not working as well for me.....

I will Pm ya for some mixing and other fruity ideas.

Thanks

Tracey