Question about packaging and labeling...

BrySC

Hey everyone. I've been playing with candles for a few months, and have actually turned out a few good one's, which I gave as gifts. Well, my sister-in-law owns a small teak-wood furniture store and wants to put a few of my candles in her store. I only make pillars for now, and I want to put a small ribbon around the candles...I'm envisioning something like a ribbon made out of paperbag like material. I've looked at craft stores and Wal-Mart, but can't find anything like what I want. I've also looked on several websites where I get my supplies, but no luck. And one more question about labeling. What info do y'all put on labels? Company name, and maybe something that says "Hand made candles"...but what else?

Ok...thanks so much for reading this, and any info is GREATLY appreciated. :)

The best source I've found for ribbon is a wholesale florist supplier. They usually carry hundreds of styles. What about actually cutting your own paper ribbon. Get a paper cutter, it would be much cheaper in the long run.

As for your labelling, take a look at the label that Peak sells. Standard warning label for bottom the the candle, they can include you business name and info. I use hang tags as well, with scent and info on particular style of candle, ect. HTH

Janette

Hmmm...cutting my own ribbon might be an idea...but where do you find paper grocery bags these days? LOL

And I actually don't even know what rafia is. I'll do a little research.

I do have the warning labels for the bottom of the candles...but wanted some kind of label with the business name. I didn't think about this before, but I guess I do need hang tags with pillars since I won't have them shrink wrapped. Now...where to get hang tags. :)

I use MS Word (cards & labels) to make my own hang tags on full sheet card stock, then cut on paper cutter. You can make any size, custom label. I print on both sides and fold in half. Avery.com has some great free software for labels. The download is too big for my poor dial-up connection, so I haven't used it.

As for the paper you need for ribbons, you want to look for a roll of it. In Canada you can buy it at the Post Office, Mailboxes Ect., Staples. it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Rafia...hmmm, how to describe it. It looks kind of like long grass, tan colour. It is very strong and does look great on candles. However, i stopped using it years ago, as I found that it damaged the finish of the candles, even when they were wrapped in cello. It is very easy to work with and very economical though.

Janette