storing FO's and Vit E oil

CareBear

I keep my fo's in my cupboard (on an inside wall) - the room is air conditioned so it keeps pretty cool (especially when it hits the 100 mark on the thermometer!).....however............

I keep most of my butters and oils in the refrigerator - helps extend the shelf life (hmmmmm....must have read that somewhere :shocked2: ) and find my butters do get rather soft when I leave them out... I buy some things in quantity, so like RBO I freeze (read that here also!)

But with that being said, I also have an extra refrigerator in my 'candle/soap room so keeping supplies in the refrigerator is no problem. If I kept my fo's refrigerated, I would need a couple more refrigerators :rolleyes2 !

If your basement stays pretty cool I wouldn't worry (you mention that it does but then you wonder about the summer so I'm wondering?) - but if it gets warm in the summer, I would move my fo's to an area in the house that does stay cool.

I used to work for a fragrance company and they kept their perfume samples (finished fragrances they bought and kept on hand as examples) in refrigerators. The ingredients, though, were not refrigerated. They were, however, tossed when they "expired" but I have no idea what that timeline would be.

I will call one of my friends who is still in the fragrance industry and ask them how they would recommend storing the FOs.