Soy Candle Lotion

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone tell me more information about Soy Candle Lotions? I'm so curious about the safety hazards. I've seen where some companies use shea butter, soy wax and either apricot kernel or sweet almond oil. I didn't realize that those items were safe to burn. I would greatly appreciate any insight on this.

Have a wonderful day! ;)

Jameel Nolan

www.kandleindulgence.com

Hmm. I would be a bit wary about adding these items to soy as a true candle.

Wickless, maybe- and only for cosmetic purposes in VERY small percentages. For label and skin conditioning appeal. If you add these types of ingredients, you will need to add a preservative to maintain shelf life. Essential oils add wonderfully properties to this kind of product. But I will recommend to you to do alot of research on EO. They can be toxic to pregnant women and if used too heavily- an irritant to the skin.

I still am on the fence about these. I have made myself a wonderful concoction my in paraffin bath spa melter with soy. But I hesitate to sell this product. I fear consumers would not read the literature. The liability factor here is huge, and something I really do not want to deal with.

Soy lotion candles are coming out all over the market right now, but in the wrong hands they could be dangerous. People hardly ever read instructions. One 'bad burn and you could be toast. There are so many things to consider with this type of product. I think its a cool idea, but again- proceed with caution.

I am liking the bling bling intial candle on your site. Very cool.

What type of colorant are you using to achieve black in soy?

Hi Mystical Angel,

I totally agree with and I have no interest whatsoever in creating such an item because I feel it's truly a hazard. I was simply curious about the ingredients that was used.

I attended a major craft show and there was a company there advertising soy candle lotions and was getting people to dip their fingers in this melted wax and people were skeptical but did it anyway. I started asking some questions that the representative was reluctant in answering.

Thank you for the compliment on the candle. I use liquid black dye and only add a few drops to achieve a black candle.

Thanks,

Jameel

www.kandleindulgence.com

I've been experimenting adding 'other' oils to soy candles. So far in my testing I've gotten to the point where it looks good, burns ok, burn time & scent throw seem unaffected. But I'm not going to add this candle to my line because I don't think my insurance will cover it & because I don't think it's worth the risk.

Really, a candle made for the purpose of people putting their hands in=hands & hot wax inches away from a flame just seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

I think I prefer my moisturizers the old fashioned way, without a flame :cool2: