labels not sicking to jj

this just started, they stick to my tins but not jars.Anyone have this happen? Im wondering if its because of the humid weather my shops in the basement. If its happend to you did you find a way to fix the problem? I tried a search and didnt find anything about it.

I tried labels on the jars when I first started and that did not work.If a smooth jar it is better.I Decided labels on the top of my candles and like those.I use the address labels but getting ready to do the round labels on top.For my bath and body I do the hang tags and use business card size or larger.Also use hang tags for wax dipped bears.

I make candles in the basement and just this week had problems getting my wick stickums to work.It was cold and jars were cold so I used the heat gun to glue the wick stickums.That may be your problem with labels sticking but if not smooth sided I am sure they will not stick perfect and stay that way.

LynnS

try wiping the outside of your jar where you want the lable with some rubbing alcohol on a rag or papertowel. Sometimes there is a light sheen of oil or something and even tho you wash your jars, it is still there. It seems to work for me.

Guest EMercier

Why type of labels are you using? I use the glossy ones with mine on the jars. They have not come off yet. I don't make the candles in the basement (wish I could), but the jars may have some little speck of dirt on them. I would do like wvcandleguy suggested and clean it off a bit.

try wiping the outside of your jar where you want the lable with some rubbing alcohol on a rag or papertowel. Sometimes there is a light sheen of oil or something and even tho you wash your jars, it is still there. It seems to work for me.

I have never washed my jars before, I just always use them the way they come. Maybe thats what Im doing wrong

Why type of labels are you using? I use the glossy ones with mine on the jars. They have not come off yet. I don't make the candles in the basement (wish I could), but the jars may have some little speck of dirt on them. I would do like wvcandleguy suggested and clean it off a bit.

kraft on straight sided jj and the little white address lables on my tester jars neither or sticking so Im pretty sure it has to do with the jars and not the labels. I feel pretty silly not washing my jars does everyone else wash them?

I don't wash mine, but I usually spritz them with alcohol before I apply the label, just to get rid of fingerprints, residue, any FO or other random deposits. Your labels will be cemented on if you do that.

I don't wash mine, but I usually spritz them with alcohol before I apply the label, just to get rid of fingerprints, residue, any FO or other random deposits. Your labels will be cemented on if you do that.

thank you for the tip! tried it yesterday and it worked great:yay: