Simple Bath Salts - HELP!

What is the easiest way to make these? I don't want anything fancy, just salt, a little color & FO. I need a quick & easy recipe (and yes I searched first, lol!). I don't have much else on hand, I need these done tonight, and I am SO not going back to the store. Can I just spray them with alcohol, mix in the FO & color and let them dry? Someone take pity on me :)

I'd stay natural...just grind up some chamomile & lavender...calendula. Ooo, or some kelp for a sea blend.

I don't believe you need alcohol to help fragrance. I use just a couple tbsp of glycerine/fragrance and that's it. They soak up the fo pretty darn good.

You're killing me :) I don't have any of that, but I'll certainly get some for next time. These are "quickies" for my kiddo's teachers at Pre-K. Note to self: STOP PROCRASTINATING (yeah right!).

I have salts, FO, alcohol, lots of oils, glycerin, etc etc etc etc.

Thanks!

Here is an easy one that I like: I don't see a need for alcohol I've never seen a recipe call for it.

Bath Salts

1/2 Cup baking soda

1/4 cup sea salts(I have found the fine grain at the grocery store or health food store)

1/4 cup plain table salt

1 tsp vegetable glycerin(Michaels, Hobby Lobby)

A few drops(FO) Fragance Oil(to your scent preference it does need to have a pretty strong scent) and color if desired.(FO and the color can be purchased at Michaels, Hobby Lobby. It must say for bath products or skin safe)

Mix together baking soda, sea salt and table salt in a ziploc style bag. When well mixed add glycerin, FO and color. rubbing the bag between your hands to distribute evenly when it is well mixed and has no lumps pour into a jar with scoop, or colorful cellophane bags. There are so many container that you can find to put these in. Add a little hang tag that says what fragrance it is and then instructions: Add ½ cup to warm running water. Swish around to dissolve. Makes about 10oz net wt.

For easy salts try...

2 part epsom

1 part sea salt

1 part Baking soda

colour and scent to liking....

You can also add 1 part of course salt, dead sea salt or anything else you have on hand... not hard just play with what you have for some great 'simple salts'

Why the baking soda?????

They'll dry pretty quick if you lay them out on a cookie sheet (cover with waxed paper or something like that).

Bring 'em over here Malinda, they'll dry lickety split in this 100 degree weather I'm having!! :eek: LOL

I've got some that's just epsom salts, some oats and FO. Simple man!! Of course I'm not that big on having oats floating around me in the tub, but it makes for soft skin. ;)

Why the baking soda?????

It softens the water

Of course I'm not that big on having oats floating around me in the tub, but it makes for soft skin. ;)

I am not one for having "floaties" in the tub either, so I put some oatmeal in the blender and chop it up almost looks like flour then add it to my recipe.

BTW, how's the soap making comin' along?

I find baby food oatmeal (dry, in the box) works almost as well as colloidal oatmeal in not making floaters!

Really? I would think it would get all gunky..looked pretty grose when I fed it to my kids. Could not imagine putting that in my water..lol

I guess it would be much finer of a product though.

Quick salts for me..to use myself not the ones I sell (I put the real good salts in those)

1 cup epsom salt

1 cup kosher salt

1 cup table salt

FO & dye to preference

I mix the dye/FO with the two larger grains of salt in a zip lock first then add the table salt so it does not clump as much. Shake the crap out of it..let them dry for about 20 minutes and you got bath salts.

Really? I would think it would get all gunky..looked pretty grose when I fed it to my kids. Could not imagine putting that in my water..lol

I guess it would be much finer of a product though.

Whirr it in your blender if it seems too big. But yea, I've given my son oatmeal baths for years - we got the Aveeno Colloidal Oatmeal and yes it looks gross in the tub if you just dump it in. As a small portion of something else though it's much nicer....