Tarts smell burned???????

When I first start melting my tarts, the have a wonderful throw. After about 15-20 min. they start smelling like something is burning (or burned wax). Could this be the warmer that I'm using, or the wax? I have pulled the tarts from my store until I can figure out what could be causing this. I haven't had any of my testers say anything about it. Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks?

What are you using to burn them? Electric or the tea light?

Do this: Do a test burn at home using whatever you usually use.

Test from the time that the tart is fully melted, and in intervals of every 15-20 minutes...when I say test I mean TAKE THE TEMPERATURE OF YOUR MELT POOL...THIS IS ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL IN ANY TYPE OF WAX TEST.

It should not reach temps of over 170-175 for soy...if it is, you are burning too hot and yes, you are burning the wax. I don't know what the melt point is for Paraffin, but you can easily find this out where you bought it. Try not to burn higher than what you melt it to add the dyes.

Lower the temp. You could have too high of a bulb in the electric, or too hot of a tea wax burning. If you make the tea lights, wick down.

Keep in touch, let us know how it works out.

Best wishes,

Fern-Marie