Rustics/Fragrance Oil

Okay, I think after trying every single candle imaginable, I've finally found my calling. I LOVE rustics!! My problem is... they have no (or very little) scent! :sad2: The directions always state to add the fragrance oil to the wax just before pouring, so as to lessen the chance of evaporation. This I've been doing, but then I read somewhere that the wax should be fairly hot (sorry, I have no idea what temp was suggested). Because rustics are "cold pours" should I add my FO as soon as the wax has melted (hot) and run the risk of evaporation? Or wait until just before pouring, when the wax is cold? :undecided Lately I've been doing somewhere in the middle, but that doesn't seem to work either. Does the type of wax used make any difference? I'm using Candlewic's Pillar Blend and also their Mottling wax. TIA! :cheesy2:

Unless you're having an all-night cook out over your fragranced wax, I wouldn't worry about the evaporation. Add your FO at 170-180 range and let the wax cool down to rustic pouring temps. If you lose all of your scent by then, time to find a better FO company. JMO.