Silly Soap question about CPOP

heather_dw

Usually I make CPOP in the evening and turn the oven off after a few hours and let the soap sit in the cooling oven overnight.

I would like to make some soap now/during the day but I will eventually have to cook supper too.

After the 2 hours in the oven, is it ok to take the soap out? Would wrapping it in a towel help or does it even need to be kept warm after those 2 hours in the oven?

Heather,

I leave mine in a 175 degree oven for one hour and then turn the oven off, leaving the soap in the oven overnight.

I would think that if you "cooked" it your normal way and maybe left it in for 2-4 hours, it would be okay. It should be all done by the time you're ready to cook dinner. You might get partial gel if it's not left long enough to gel.

I went ahead and made it (I couldn't resist)

The first time making it in this oven (we just moved to a new apt/place) and I had some weird foam on one corner after an hour. I thought maybe it was heating up too much so I turned off the oven. It's now sitting in the oven with the lid on.

The whole kitchen smells like strawberry jam FO .. yummy