Ecosoya advanced

I have always done indoor craft shows, but am thinking of doing an outdoor one first of next month. Temps. may reach 80+*. I use 8% FO in lidded apothecaries. Of course, I will be under a canopy, but am wondering what kind of seepage I can expect at these temps and if I should rethink this show. Anyone have an idea? I know that there are not many Advances lovers out there....but any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

I use the cb advanced and the same jars you do. I've been afraid to schedule any outdoor shows this summer for fear of them melting in the sun. I've had them start to melt just delivering them to my wholesale accounts when its hot outside.

My limited experience in summer shows is that the easy part is selling the candles. The hard part is keeping them sold. Twice I set up in air conditioned buildings for county fairs and my candles were perfect when sold.

After they were carried around the ferris wheel four hours they were a liquid disaster. Exchanges were demanded just before Mom left the fair. I always offered to hold the candles until they were leaving but not everyone who should have accepted my offer did. I might do them again, but not soon

Ron

I started out using that wax but the melt point was just too low. If the candle was sitting on the counter in my kitchen the recessed lighting would melt it! I have 8 foot ceilings.

My limited experience in summer shows is that the easy part is selling the candles. The hard part is keeping them sold. Twice I set up in air conditioned buildings for county fairs and my candles were perfect when sold.

After they were carried around the ferris wheel four hours they were a liquid disaster. Exchanges were demanded just before Mom left the fair. I always offered to hold the candles until they were leaving but not everyone who should have accepted my offer did. I might do them again, but not soon

Ron

Never considered that. I think I will post a sign that I will gladly hold items until departure, but will not be responsible for melted candles after being out in the heat after purchase.

this probably isn't any help, but I AM AN ADVANCED LOVER, and have been for almost a year. I don't do outdoor "summer" shows (in florida, yeah right) , but just so you know- I've had other waxes "sweat" in the heat. I've kept some cotton balls on hand to "dab" if it gets too bad. AAHHHH, the joy of soy.

will you have any electric, so that perhaps you can at least have a portable fan circulate the air?

I even kept and burned a candle that had "seeped" and it burned absolutely as it should- perfectly.

this probably isn't any help, but I AM AN ADVANCED LOVER, and have been for almost a year. I don't do outdoor "summer" shows (in florida, yeah right) , but just so you know- I've had other waxes "sweat" in the heat. I've kept some cotton balls on hand to "dab" if it gets too bad. AAHHHH, the joy of soy.

will you have any electric, so that perhaps you can at least have a portable fan circulate the air?

I even kept and burned a candle that had "seeped" and it burned absolutely as it should- perfectly.

Yes, I can probably get a space with electricity. I hope that will be enough. I think I am going to go for it. At least I'll know next time if they seep too bad. I just don't understand why more people don't use this wax. I love it!! Some scents don't have a knock-you-down hot throw, but there are plenty that do! And it makes such a gorgeous candle with less fuss--except for the low melt point. I am happy to meet a couple of people who actually are with me on Advanced!! Thanks for the reply!

Another CBA lover here. I do an outside market May thru december. On a REALLY hot day some have little sweat beads, not all. I don't let them sit in direct sunlight, but honestly, I've never really had a problem. They've never had a melt down in my kitchen and I have the same type of lighting and ceiling heights mentioned earlier. What I really hate is in December when it's really cold! You could literally lift the candle out of the Jar!

Gretchen

Another CBA lover here. I do an outside market May thru december. On a REALLY hot day some have little sweat beads, not all. I don't let them sit in direct sunlight, but honestly, I've never really had a problem. They've never had a melt down in my kitchen and I have the same type of lighting and ceiling heights mentioned earlier. What I really hate is in December when it's really cold! You could literally lift the candle out of the Jar!

Gretchen

You would not believe how glad I am to hear you "say" that!! I never have had any begin to melt in my kitchen either. If you don't mind my asking...what% FO do you use?? I use up to 8-9% depending on the fragrance and I've not had any seep so far, but I haven't been out in the heat either. I am sooo glad that there really are others who love this wax. I think you just have to find a good combo. of wax, FO, wick, etc. :highfive: