Massage/Solid Lotion Bar HELP

CareBear

OK, I tried to harden up some solid lotion bars by upping the bees wax, but now they are very sticky/tacky. What can I use to make them solid and still slick?

The basic recipe was 2oz beeswax, 1 oz shea butter, 1 oz cocoa butter, 2 oz sunflower oil. this was a bit too soft.

I increased the beeswax to about 2.5 oz. Now it's too hard and tacky.

Is there a different hard wax that will be less sticky? Should I have tried something else?

What about using carnuba wax? I know you can use this in lip balms and if it glides on nicely in those, I'm wondering if it would glide on nicely in this application but I'm not sure how hard it is? Or what about upping the cocoa butter instead of the bw or just lowering the bw to 1 or 1 1/2 oz? Sometimes recipes aren't always correct and you just need to tweak the amounts to get it right. I've never made lotion bars so I am just offering a guess. ;)

Thanks Meridith. I know carnuba wax is a vegetable wax but it always weirds me out (Turtle Wax is carnuba, but then it's also on the outside of M & M's so...).

I'll give it a shot. Anyone know how I would replace beeswax with it? 1 for 1?

Again, just guessing, but I would start with 1:1 and adjust accordingly. I have carnuba wax coming so I can try lip balms. I love to play around with new recipes and tweak them to make them my own. I waste lost of supplies but I don't care. It's just too much fun. I'd love to hear how it comes out for ya.