C O L O R E D WICKS makes flame any color.

Hey Guys,

I saw a candle somewhere that had a colored wick. I was burning a green flame and a blue flame.

I was wondering if anyone know about this? And where to get 'em.

I hope Allan hears this. He could make a mint on developing colored wicks.

Just think how that would change the game for all of us?

Give us more creative options.

JMT

Never heard of, or seen them. I've gotta say, I don't think I would care for them either lol..To me, a candle flame should look like.. well, a candle flame. A colored flame sounds like something along the same lines as a picture of Elvis, painted on velvet, hung right next to the family picture in the brandy glass.. you know, the one where they all have mullets?! LOLOL. Guess I could be wrong though :cool2:

I have seen candles in the store with colored flames. I have never tried them but a co-worker of mine told me that after you put the candle out, the smoke smells really stinky - like burnt metal or rubber. If this is true then.....EWWW!!

Hmmm..... they call these votives? :rolleyes2 I'll pass! Color Flame Votive Candles

mod edited for hotlink photo

Model No.:VR2308Product Origin:China

See the most recent posting for this Color Flame Votive Candles (Mar 29, 2006)

Detailed Product Description

Features: 1) Dimensions: 20 x 230mm2) Flame color: green3) Burning time: 2.5 hours4) No wax, no toxicity, purely natural, no environmental contamination by combustion gases, good weathering resistance, proper melting point (above 60oC), no restriction by seasons, highly damp-resistant, easily ignitable and low cost Inner packing: 8pcs/set

The colored wicks look kinda....well..... scary looking. Like really unhealthy.I bet they burn stinky as well. I was hoping someone would of made a 100% pure cotton,lead-free colored wick . But I guess that is not possible b/c of the color part.

I see alot of ugly ass colored birthyday candles. But no one selling just wicks to the general public.

Sup wit dat?

JMT

For my winter shows I make something called "Magic drip tapers". I dye the wick, dip the taper enough times that I know the taper will drip. Due to the dye on the wick, it makes the drips the color of the dyed wick even though the wax itself is pure white.

These sell very well for me, and people seem to love them.

For my winter shows I make something called "Magic drip tapers". I dye the wick, dip the taper enough times that I know the taper will drip. Due to the dye on the wick, it makes the drips the color of the dyed wick even though the wax itself is pure white.

These sell very well for me, and people seem to love them.

What a neat idea!:yay:

These remind me of a product I used camping last year. It is in a powder form and you pour it on the campfire. For about 20 minutes the campfire was a really pretty purple colour, pink, blue, neon green. I will have to pick up another package to find out what exactly was in it. If I recall, it was an all natural ingredient. They called it "Coloured Fire".

What a neat idea!:yay:

Thank you, BUT it is NOT an original idea by any way shape or form! lol In fact I think it was 2 years ago or so, somebody had posted the idea here and I took a stab to see if it would work, and I LOVED the results, so changed it up a bit to meet my standards and have a great selling item now. :)