? about an emulisfied sugar scrub

Meridith

The oils in one of my tester batches of my emulsfied sugar scrub separated. I haven't had this happen with any other batches. Does this mean I should have upped the amount of e-wax? Glad it happened on a tester batch.

I didn't use water at all. I'll have to look at my notes and see what I did. It was actually the very first one I made but all batches since then have been great. My testers said theirs didn't separate so now I am really confused. Could it be that I got water in mine while showering?

Mine seperated some too, I had used about half the container before I noticed it (or before it seperated). I am thinking it's because it's been warm and we haven't turned on the ac yet. Could this have been the same for you?

Sami

Heat will definitely do it. I had two containers I was keeping for me, one in the bathroom & one in the bedroom. DH likes to leave the heater on in the bathroom for hours and it gets warm in there. That one seperated and turned into glop. The one in the bedroom - still in great shape.