Domain Name

Sherl

What do you think about having my domain be sherol.com? When I do my business name.com, I get a tool company. Put a dash between the two words and I get a marine boat company. I can get a .biz and a few other off the wall extensions, but am concerned that customers will try to go to the dot com.. and not make it. Sooo, I'm thinking about using my first name, customers will not accidently end up some where else and they would get to remember me personally. Any thoughts pro or con would be appreciated.

I've seen an increasing number of .biz and .net domains. Probably because the name they wanted was already taken for the .com. Right now I would say .com is still the default when people think of a website and what they will automatically type in. But in the future this may change as more and more .biz sites come up.

You might want to consider adding what your product is at the end of your biz name and trying that. Like: www.yourbiznamesoaps.com or www.yourbiznamecandles.com

That will help two fold...it will keep your business name in the URL and make it less likely for confusion AND it may help with search engine rankings. Some search engines will rank you higher if you have the actual name of your product in the url.

HTH!

Donna