Help For 1st Batch Of Cp!

scntdwik

Im ready to go...

I have everything I need and I have to have it done this weekend for all of us doing the cp challenge but I DONT UNDERSTAND how to calculate a recipe with the soapcalc9 that everyone uses.

I have to put in the amount of oils Im using but thats just it, I dont know how much to use.

Can someone please help me understand how to use it?

Thanks so much!

Okay I am going to try my best to explain...this is still new to me also.

1. You need to enter how many pounds of oils total you are using...if your mold holds 4lbs, 2lbs

2. Then pick your types of oils that you are going to use...olive, coconut, hemp, cocoa butter....

3. Then choose the % of each oil you are going to use in the recipe, as an example 50% olive oil, 25% coconut oil, 10% cocoa butter, 15% Hemp (I am not saying use this amount it was just an example of percentages)

4. Click on compute recipe and then scroll down it will show you how much liquid, lye, and oils to use.

** Do this between step 3 and 4 if you are adding FO

If you are adding Fo there is also a spot on the left side to add the amount per pound and then if you hit compute recipe it will show you how much FO to use

HTH

Edited: Due to my inability to add up percentages....lol

so how do i add the oils? I see I can put 1 oil in but how do i make it put another oil

choose the oil that you want then go to the right and click the plus sign, then choose the next oil from the list and then go to the right again and hit the plus sign and so on and so on til you have all your oils listed.

HTH

Okay scntdwik....

I don't know about the apricot seed but I went to soapcalc and came up with this for a 2lb recipe.

Olive oil (50%) 16oz

Coconut (25%) 8oz

Cocoa Butter (10%) 3.2oz

Hemp(15%) 4.8 oz

Water 12.16oz

Lye 4.5oz

That will give you soap qualities of:

Hardness 35

Cleansing 17

Condition 61

Bubbly Lather 17

Creamy Lather 18

Iodine 72

INS 141

I finally got it!!! but one last question,where it sayshardness, what number is good 50 and up or 50 and down? got the percentage thing down now

according to their explanation it appears that 36 to 47 is the idea, but from what I am reading the higher number means a harder bar, but depending on the fats that you use your bar could come out harder then the calc states.