Giving soap as Teacher Appreciation gift???

Mitch23

Sorry to ask this so late in the week, but my youngest has decided she wants to give her teacher a bar of soap from the batch I made the day before Easter.

(She mentioned to her that I made some soap and the teacher said that she loves home made soaps... go figure!)

Two questions:

1. Did the tongue test, no zap. But will it still be cured enough to give? They are fairly hard, but I am honestly not sure what else to check for.

2. I'm working on making a cute label for it. Do I need to list the ingredients? I'd think so, but hope I can take the easy way out here... :wink2:

Thanks for any help. I swear one of these days I'll come here to answer questions instead of just asking them.

Mitch

Was this CP soap? If so I would think that yes it has cured long enough and should be perfectly fine for use now. Also about the ingredients, I would list them just to be safe..however I do know that if you are marketing your soap as a HAND SOAP only then ingredients do not have to be listed. I would just to be on the safe side anyways. I am sure the teacher will love the gift;)

Thanks. I'm not marketing it, just gifting it, but only as Homemade bath soap.

finally fought the printer long enough to squeeze out enough labels (just 2), which I have the ingrdeients listed, so it's going to HAVE to be ok...

Me thinks this would be another good time to use my own soap. Got so much inkk on my fingers, so I could REALLY put it to the test. hehee

Mitch

1. Did the tongue test, no zap. But will it still be cured enough to give? They are fairly hard, but I am honestly not sure what else to check for.

How about taking a shower with it to make sure it feels good. Other than that I think the cure time from easter until now should be sufficient.

2. I'm working on making a cute label for it. Do I need to list the ingredients? I'd think so, but hope I can take the easy way out here... :wink2:

As long as you're making the cute label, you might as well go ahead and list the ingredients. It just makes it look better. And the recipient will know exactly what went into it.