Testing pure soy vs. blends

Hi Everyone,

I've been using a straight soy wax, but realize that I need to re-test everytime I get a new batch-which I don't like. So, does anyone know of a soy blend that doesn't need to be tested with each new batch?

Thanks!

All soy waxes is a natural product and each batch should be tested because each crop is different. If you order small quanities of wax then I would say yes test each batch. If you order like 4 cases at a time then you only need to test each scent in that batch, then re-test when you order a new batch.

I have also found that I need to re-test candles that have set on the shelf for a long time, say 6 months. I have found that soy can change over time and burn differently than the first time you tested them.

To answer you question about palm....I haven't had a problem with pillars & seeing a difference in their burn after setting for a very long time. There cold throw does reduce quite a bit though after a month or so. Now the containers on the other hand, in my experience, were such a nightmare that I actually gave up on making them all together. Even after 60 days of sitting, my once perfectly wicked candle was way under-wicked :shocked2: IMO, I found palm container wax (tested this wax for almost a year) was way to incosistent to be made safely.

I am kind of in the same boat. I have been getting some cauliflower looking candles, etc, with the soy I have been using, both in containers and in my votive blend. I am testing a soy/parrafin blend right now, and am liking it, but the cost of the wax, plus shipping will be way too high. I have ordered in some parrafin samples, and am going to try my own blend, since I can get the parrafin right here by me. I'm thinking I may need to add stearic acid for votives, but right now, everyone seems to want me to make jar candles anyways, so thats where I'm concentrating on getting the right combo. I don't want to pour anymore straight soy, too frustrated with it!! :angry2: