foaming body wash or face wash

You know what I love for a body wash in the foam pumps? Dr. Bronner's Liquid Soap. If you want to make your own, I like a combo of olive oil, hemp seed oil and coconut for your liquid base. I add about 1 inch of soap to the bottle and fill the rest with water, works like a charm!

Yep, it's just a liquid soap. They sell it at health food markets like Whole Foods, Central Market (if you're in TX), Sunflower Markets (in the West) and lots of smaller venues...not GNC, but other healthy living stores. You can also get it online, but then there's shipping. The co. makes like 6 kinds, but the only difference is the EO they're scented with...I buy the unscented (called Baby Mild), and add my own EOs to it before I add the water, they blend with the soap and that way I don't have to buy three different kinds. They're super concentrated, so a little goes a long way. Just know that Dr. Bronner, the founder and creator of the soap, is a total nutjob and he's got this totally whacked out stuff on his label about his religion that he invented, it creeped me out at first, but now I just read it and crack up. It's like a combo of all the major religions thrown together, with some good ol' spaceship theology thrown in there, LOL!

His site sells their products too, you can check out http://www.drbronner.com/main.html

Ok, this might sound weird, but my 14-year-old said the bathrooms at school were out of soap and wanted to take some of mine to school. I don't make liquid soap but as a way to test a theory and appease my daughter, I grated some of my bar soap into a sample foamer bottle, added some hot water, waited for about an hour to let the soap flakes dissolve and OMG, it worked! Simple as that. She's happy and now all of her friends are borrowing her bottle of soap to wash their hands. It's a quick, easy solution to try out if you have the foamer bottles. For me, I'm more determined than ever to try a batch of liquid soap so I can do it *right*. Hope that helps.

Ok so it's a pure castile soap I've got some of that in the Baby Mild too and now that I've seen the site I do believe it's his lol. So it's equal parts of oils,(about how many ounces total?) 1 inch soap and the rest water. Now I gotta get some foaming bottles

I make up two kinds of foaming soap, one anti bacterial hand soap and one aloe body wash. I use two different kinds of pumps, one tall and slender, one shorter and broader. EAch pump requires a different ratio of soap to water. So I am thinking the pumps mix it differently. I tried the same ratio for both and it did not work.

So I don't think it is the soap so much as the pump. I think you could pick up a bulk shower gel somewhere, mix it according to directions, (believe me, they mean it too). I use BCN's hand soap, and body wash. WSP has the shorter pumps, and I get the taller ones from Essentials of Catalina. But I see more and more people are coming out with them.

freda

It certainly can get expensive, but I find that since I only use ~1 inch of it (about an ounce or so) in the foaming bottle and the rest water, it takes me forEVER to go through a bottle. The thing I love so much about it as a body wash is that it's super mild, so I can use it on Henry, and it's also incredibly easy to wash off. There's never a residue. You can certainly use lots of other things, it's really the bottle that produces the foaming stuff, I just like the Dr. Bronner's because it's such a great, basic, TRUE soap instead of a detergent like a body wash. Purple Lilac makes an amazing liquid castile soap that I've used in the foaming bottle and it works wonderfully, as well.

Just to clarify, ladysj, it's just a little of the soap, a few drops of EO and th rest water...no additional ingredients.